For the past 20 years I have worked in the IT Business helping people using technology to get the most of their jobs and lives. While I consider that I had success doing that, in the last few years I have noticed that I was not addressing the main issue. Although people do need help using technology effectively, that is just a very small part of the bigger picture. Now I just work with people to get the most of their jobs and lives. This is how I ended up being a Coach.
I truly believe people have all they need to be successful at work, and have happy and meaningful life. If that is not your case at the present moment, possibly, you are not making the effort in the right direction, or looking for the answers in right places. I also believe people are the only responsible for their own lives. So it is time to own it and do something about it. Now!
Why am I a coach?
I love to work with people finding what is truly important and meaningful for them and make a plan how to accomplish that.
I love to work with people who want to make impact in the world, making the world an even better place.
I love to work with people discovering what are their values, their life purpose, their worldview, their goals, and act accordingly.
I love to work with people finding their inspiration and passion in life.
I love to work with people.
Random facts about Luis Gonzaga…
Some random things about me with no particular order:
– I was born in 1971. In Lisbon, Portugal.
– I am 5′ 5″ tall (or short) and weight 138 lbs.
– I have blue eyes and grey hair.
– I am right handed.
– My life mission is to be happy by serving others find their way to happiness.
– My top 3 values are: Love, Freedom and Integrity.
– My top 5 strenghts are: Strategic, Learner, Connectedness, Intellection, Futuristic.
– I am type 7 on the Enneagram.
– I am INFJ Myers-Briggs type (MBTI).
– I am Idealist (NF) Keirsey Temperament.
– I am an Erickson Professional Coach (EPC).
– I am an International Coach Federation (ICF) Member.
– I am a Spiritual Intelligence Coach.
– I am a Spiral Dynamics certified SDL1 and SDL2.
– I have an average coherence of 4.5 at HeartMath.
– I am happily married and father of two daughters.
– All my friends agree I am married with a saint. Me too.
– I have two siblings. One older and one younger.
– I have visited 11 countries (CH, CL, DE, DK, ES, FR, IT, NL, PT, UK, US)
– I have visited 9 US states (AZ, CA, CO, LA, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WA).
– I practice two sports: swimming and cycling.
– I have done three Audace challenges. Ended them all in last.
– Once I broke my nose crashing with another rider.
– I do not drink alchool.
– I do not drink milk, eat cheese or cream. Yogurts and ice creams are fine.
– I do not smoke.
– I do not drink coffee.
– I have only drunk 4 coffees in all my life. The last one in September 1994.
– I learned to read when I was 5 and before going to school.
– I was always the best of my class in Mathematics. Sometimes the best of all school. Then I arrived university.
– I was average or below in literature and philosophy.
– I have applied for Computer Sciences when going for college but ended in Mathematics. I loved it.
– I have graduated in Mathematics (B.S.).
– I got 20 (max grade) in my first course in the university – Computer Science. That was the only course I did that year.
– In university I was member of Pedagogic Council for one year.
– I have studied Religious Sciences for 3 years.
– I published my first book in 2001.
– My favorite author is Ken Wilber.
– My favority audiobook is Kosmic Consciousness.
– My favorite movie was City of Angels.
– My favorite music bands are Parijat and Sigur Rós.
– My favorite Bible books are Song of Songs and Gospel of John.
– I was raised in Catholic Church.
– I was named after a saint – the patron of youth.
– I have attended school church for 7 years.
– I have teached school church one year.
– On my 39th birthday I went to Dojo Zen and did Zen meditation for the first time.
– Zen meditation is my prefered way of meditation.
– I am an Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master initiated by Mary McFadyen.
– My first earned money was working as a waiter when I was 15.
– My first fulltime job was at Citibank. I loved it.
– The longest fulltime job I had was at Microsoft. 12 years. I loved it.
– I have also worked at other banks: ABN-Amro Bank, MillenniumBCP and CGD.
– I was people manager twice in my career.
– I was never good playing musical instruments.
– Piano is my favorite musical instrument.
– I bought a piano on my 40th birthday.
– I said I would learn to play “Big my secret” from Michael Nyman in one year. I failed miserably.
– I was never good at playing musical instruments.
– I love trees. Lots of them.
– My favorite color is blue.
– My favorite football team is FC Porto.
– My favorite football player was Deco.
– Beans and dried codfish are my favorite food.
– I used to play Xbox 360.
– My favorite Xbox games are Forza Motorsport, FIFA and Kinect Sports.
– I have finished Forza Motorsport 2 getting all achievements.
– I am a PC guy and I have worked with all Windows versions.
– I tried to work with a Mac once but I was not able to work with a one-button mouse.
– I learned how to use a spreadsheet in one afternoon. I have read all Lotus 1-2-3 help files.
– I am certified Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), and Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA).
– I was Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) in the past.
– My favorite software app is OneNote.
– On my productivity system I use Outlook, OneNote and XMind.
– My phone is a Nokia Lumia 925. I love it.
– My longest streak at 750words.com is 38.
– I use Q10 to write my journal. I love the typewriter sound.
– I have tried WriteMonkey and OmniWriter but I prefer the Q10 sound.
Are you ready to take action and book a FREE 20 minute Skype call with me? Contact me.